The API Key is used strictly for connecting over API and with third-party tools. The API Settings section allows you to generate an API key and to view and modify allowed IP addresses.
In the Control Panel, from the User menu (mouse over the gear icon at the top of the page), click Account Settings, and then click the API Settings.
This feature displays the back-end “private key” that is used with the client code (scripts). The key is used for authentication and for building a secure socket for client/server communications.
To generate a new key, from the Actions drop-down list, click Generate New Key.
IMPORTANT: Once the new API key is generated, the old key will stop working. You must be ready to make the change to avoid service interruption.
IP access rules
This section allows you to view and modify your IP addresses. There are two limits to using this functionality:
- You are only allowed a maximum of five (5) rules. If you already have five and want to add an additional rule, you must remove one of the existing ones.
- You can only add IP addresses with ranges from 25 to 32.
To add a new IP rule
- In the IP Access Rules section, click Edit.
- In the IP Address field, enter an IP address.
- From the CIDR Prefix drop-down list, choose the IP address range.
- In the Type section, choose whether to allow or deny the specified IP Address range.
- Click Submit.