You can create new Email accounts in the Control Panel or in the MAC.
You can create the following types of users:
- Mailbox—Regular mailbox.
- Forward—Automatically forwards mail to another specified mailbox. Mail cannot be sent from a forward-only user account nor is mail stored in a forward-only account.
- Filter—Stops spam messages but allows non-spam message to flow through to a target account.
You can also use the Bulk Tools option to create multiple users at once.
Note: The maximum allowed message size is 35 MB; however, email attachments are MIME encoded, which increases the file size. We recommend that you advise your customers to send email attachments that are no larger than 25 MB. The maximum message size is not configurable per user, domain, or company. Users who want to share large files should take advantage of the File Storage feature in Webmail.
Creating a new user in the Control Panel
To create a new user in the Control Panel
1. In the Email section of the Control Panel, click the Email Domains tab and then click the domain under which you want to create the user.
2. Click the plus sign (+).
3. On the Add a User page, enter the user name that you want to create, and then click Add.
The new user's User Settings page opens. The default settings are assigned to the user, but you can click Edit in each of the sections to change any of the settings for the new user.
4. Click Save to save the new settings in each section.
- Mailbox Name—The username that applies to this mailbox.
- Mailbox Domain—The domain to which this mailbox belongs.
- Mailbox Type—From the drop-down list, choose the mailbox type: Mailbox, Forward, or Filter
- Workgroup—From the drop-down list, choose the workgroup to which the user will belong.
- Title—The user's title.
- Name—The user's first and last name
- Phone—The user's phone number.
- Fax—The user's fax number.
- Language—From the drop-down list, choose the language in which the mailbox will be displayed when the owner initially logs in to their account. The user can change the language at the mailbox level if they want to view their mailbox in another language.
- Timezone—From the drop-down list, choose the timezone that the mailbox will use. The user can change the timezone setting at the mailbox level if they want to use another timezone.
Sending & Receiving
- SMTP Send Limit—The maximum number of messages that a user can send in a 24 hour period.
- Quota Size—The maximum storage size for the mailbox
- Services—If a higher level admin has suspended a service, it cannot be changed. Enabled=on, Disabled=Off, Suspended=Off
- Send Mail - Whether messages can be sent.
- Receive Mail - Whether incoming messages will be accepted.
- Connect via IMAP4 - Whether IMAP4 access is allowed.
- Connect via POP3 - Whether POP3 access is allowed
- Aliases—Alternative names for this mailbox. Click the plus sign to display a text field, and enter an email alias. To add additional aliases, click the plus sign again to display another field.
- Autoresponder Enabled—When this box is checked, the autorespond feature is enabled.
- Autoresponder Interval—The number of days before the same recipient will receive the auto-response message again.
- Autoresponder End Date—The last day/time when the auto-response message is in effect. The required format is YYYY-MM-DD.
- Autoresponder Text—The text of the message that is sent when auto-responder is enabled.
- Mailbox Forwarding—When this box is checked, incoming mail is automatically forwarded to the addresses you specify.
Note: Messages that are flagged as spam are not forwarded.
- Forward To—Click the plus sign to display a text field, and enter the address to which you want mail to be forwarded. To add additional addresses, click the plus sign again to display another field. You can add up to 200 addresses.
To change a setting in this section, click to put a check in the Override inherited value checkbox, and then change the associated setting.
- Reject Spam—If this box is checked, all incoming messages that are deemed to be spam are rejected rather than being quarantined or tagged.
- Spam Detection Level—Choose the aggressiveness level for spam filtering. Choosing a level other than Normal causes the filtering engine to be more aggressive in labeling mail as spam; however, it may also result in more false positives. If you don't specify a spam blocking level, the account uses the domain, company, or global setting.
- Spam Folder—The folder to which all spam messages will be delivered.
- Spam Header—Enter the text that you want to be added to the header of spam messages. The format must begin with a capital letter, but can be followed by anything, for example, X-Spam: Spam detected.
- Spam Tag—The specified tag is prepended to the Subject line of all spam messages.
- Safe Senders—Click the plus sign to display a field and add a sender to the Safe list. You can add up to 1000 entries, and you can use up to five wildcards in any given entry.
- Block Senders—Click the plus sign to display a field and add a sender to the Block list. You can add up to 1000 entries, and you can use up to five wildcards in any given entry.
Note: The Safe and Block Senders lists may be overridden by the settings at the domain or company level.
This section determines whether the user can use Webmail.
- Login via Webmail—If enabled, Webmail access will be allowed.
- Send via Webmail—If enabled, messages can be sent via Webmail.
- Webmail Theme—The branding that will be applied to Webmail. To change this setting, click to put a check in the Override inherited value checkbox, and then choose the brand from the drop-down list.
Optionally, enter any relevant notes or comments.
Creating a new user in the MAC
To create a new user in the MAC
1. Log in to the Mail Administration Console (MAC).
For more information, see "What is the MAC?"
2. In the navigation pane, under the domain name, click Add User.
The Create User page appears:
3. Complete the following fields, as applicable. Depending on the type of user that you are creating, you may not see all of these fields.
Note: All fields are disabled until you enter complete the User field and press Enter.
4. Click Create or Create & Repeat. If you click Create & Repeat, the new user is created, and the Create User window remains open so that you can create another user.