The bulk nameserver change functionality allows you to perform three types of changes:
- Add nameservers—Adds new nameservers to the specified domains.
- Remove nameservers—Removes nameservers from the specified domains.
- Assign nameservers—Replaces the existing nameservers with new ones for the specified domains.
Important: Use this feature with caution. When you make DNS changes, the original nameservers are removed.
To make nameserver changes to multiple domains
1. Click the boxes to put a checkmark next to each of the domains whose nameservers you want to change.
2. From the Bulk Actions drop-down list, choose Edit Nameservers,.
3. In the Nameserver Provider section, click the associated radio button to choose one of the following:
- Use Our Nameservers—Domains are assigned the default OpenSRS nameservers, which are mandatory if you want to take advantage of DNS/Zone features.
The default nameservers are ns1.systemdns.com, ns2.systemdns.com, and ns3.systemdns.com
- Park with Ads—Domains display sponsored ads and are assigned the default parking nameservers.
- Use Your Own Name Servers—You can specify your own nameservers. In the Namerservers section, enter at least two nameservers. If you choose this option, any existing forwarding and DNS options will be disabled.
4. Optionally, in the Email results to field, enter the email address to which you would like the results to be mailed.
5. Click Save Nameservers.
Important: There is no undo for this operation, so be very careful when selecting the domains to include in the bulk job. Once you submit the bulk job, it might be possible to cancel the job in the View Details page; however, if any domains have already been processed, you will have to either edit each of those domains or submit another bulk job for those domains, specifying the settings that you want. For more information, see "Suspending, cancelling, or resuming a bulk change request".